- Holiday Cookie Tips From 5 Superstar Pastry Chefs
- A Crash Course in Cookie Baking
- 7 Cookies You Can Make in Under an Hour
- 5 Wine Pairings for Your Holiday Cookies
- Skip the House: 5 Gingerbread Cookies You Should Eat
- 5 Beer and Cookie Pairings to Try Immediately
- Video: A Classic Italian Bakery’s Festive Christmas Cookies
- Introducing Karlie Kloss and Christina Tosi’s Brand-New Rice & Spice Cookie
- Facebook’s Holiday Bake-Off Features Live Demos from Curtis Stone and Marcela Valladolid
- Flying Dog’s Holiday Beers Are Made Just for Cookies
When it comes to Christmas cookies, German bakers know what they’re doing.
Beautiful, delicious and nearly impossible to pronounce (try to say weihnachtsplätzchen three times fast), the buttery cookies are deliciously festive and worth adding to your cookie platter. Here, our best recipes for classic German Christmas cookies.
This recipe calls for dipping buttery almond-apricot sandwich cookies in bittersweet chocolate. The phenomenal results are well worth the effort.
These spiced cookie bars are an essential part of a German Christmas. They are an excellent make-ahead sweet; in fact, they get more tender and flavorful the longer they sit.
Lebkuchen are traditional delicately spiced German molasses-ginger cookies.
These raspberry-hazelnut macaroons require just five ingredients and are extremely no-fuss.
These truffle-like cookies are adapted from a traditional holiday cookie that baker Renato Poliafito discovered during his travels in Germany.