- Holiday Cookie Tips From 5 Superstar Pastry Chefs
- 5 Wine Pairings for Your Holiday Cookies
- A Crash Course in Cookie Baking
- Video: A Classic Italian Bakery’s Festive Christmas Cookies
- Facebook’s Holiday Bake-Off Features Live Demos from Curtis Stone and Marcela Valladolid
- 7 Cookies You Can Make in Under an Hour
- How to Package Cookies for Fast and Beautiful Gifts
- 7 Crazy Cookie Records to Break This Holiday Season
- 5 Awesome Gluten-Free Cookie Recipes
- 5 Beer and Cookie Pairings to Try Immediately
When it comes to Christmas cookies, German bakers know what they’re doing.
Beautiful, delicious and nearly impossible to pronounce (try to say weihnachtsplätzchen three times fast), the buttery cookies are deliciously festive and worth adding to your cookie platter. Here, our best recipes for classic German Christmas cookies.
This recipe calls for dipping buttery almond-apricot sandwich cookies in bittersweet chocolate. The phenomenal results are well worth the effort.
2. Basler Leckerli
These spiced cookie bars are an essential part of a German Christmas. They are an excellent make-ahead sweet; in fact, they get more tender and flavorful the longer they sit.
Lebkuchen are traditional delicately spiced German molasses-ginger cookies.
These raspberry-hazelnut macaroons require just five ingredients and are extremely no-fuss.
5. Candy Cookies
These truffle-like cookies are adapted from a traditional holiday cookie that baker Renato Poliafito discovered during his travels in Germany.