- 5 Ways to Celebrate Pi(e) Day a La Mode
- 7 Yakitori Recipes to Make at Home
- 9 Banh Mi Recipes for Desk Lunch Domination
- 7 Movie Theater-Inspired Snacks for an Awesome Oscar Party
- 7 Oscar Party Foods on a Stick
- 7 Sparkling Oscar Night Cocktails
- 7 Dressed-Up Bow-Tie Pasta Recipes for Oscar Night Dinner
- 9 Elegant Oscar Party Dessert Ideas
- 11 Monday Brunch Recipes
- 11 Super-Melty-Cheesy Dishes for a Snow Day
Is there anything more comforting on a chilly day than a steaming bowlful of French onion soup topped with a gooey layer of melted cheese? Yes, there is: five bowlfuls.
Here, five incredible recipes for cheesy French onion soup.
1. Truffle-Infused French Onion Soup
Star chef Michael Mina's decadent soup features gooey, truffle-infused pecorino cheese.
2. French Onion Soup
What's the secret to this hearty soup? If you make the beef broth a day in advance and refrigerate it, it's supereasy to skim off the cold, solidified fat, and you'll have a soup with a clearer onion flavor.
3. Gratinée des Halles
F&W chef-in-residence Andrew Zimmern's recipe—bright with sherry vinegar and thick with onions—is a perfect, buttery version of the classic.
4. French Onion Soup
A great melting cheese that hardens around the bowl into seductively crispy bits is a must for this classic.
5. French (Canadian) Onion Soup
French-Canadian chef Hugue Dufour makes a deliciously smoky pork broth for his take on French onion soup.