- 10 Fruit Vinaigrettes for People Who Hate Fruit Vinaigrettes
- 7 Ways to Have a Champagne-Soaked New Year's Eve
- 8 Delicious Grains and Greens Recipes for Thanksgiving
- 7 Ways to Use Leftover Mashed Potatoes
- 11 Gooey Cheese-Stuffed Recipes
- 9 Best Cinnamon Brunch Recipes
- An Awesome Easy Italian Cookie for a Crowd
- Get Down and Dirty This Mardi Gras with Dirty Rice
- 7 Best Fennel Soups
- 7 One-Pot Dinners to Make Now
A spicy blend of aromatic Indian spices, herbs and black tea, chai makes for a deliciously satisfying latte—especially during the colder months, thanks to warming ingredients like ginger and cardamom. But its flavors are also fantastic food.
Here, five incredible, unexpected chai-spiced recipes from muffins to chicken.
1. Chai-Spiced Butter Cookies
These gently spiced butter cookies will remind you of a hot cup of chai.
2. Pumpkin-Chai Muffins (above)
F&W’s Justin Chapple adds fragrant chai to these fall-flavored muffins.
3. Stewed Apples with Chai-Spiced Cashew Cream
For a quick breakfast or healthy dessert, simply stew apples with brown sugar and cinnamon and serve with a simple, spiced cashew cream.
4. Chai-Spiced Caramel Fondue
This luscious, golden fondue laced with spices like ginger and cinnamon is perfect after a heavy meal. Dip anything you like in it, from apple and pineapple to gingersnap cookies.
5. Chai-Spiced Chicken Breasts
This satisfying dish calls for just five ingredients. One of them is chai, which is mixed into a paste with oil and spread under the chicken skin to flavor the meat as it roasts.