- 5 Delicious Ways to Salvage Leftover Bread
- Parker House Rolls Worth Fighting Over
- 7 Kid-Friendly Foods to Grill for Memorial Day
- How to Eat Like an Editor-in-Chief
- 11 Best Recipes to Make on National Coffee Cake Day
- 5 Savory Pancakes and Waffles for Brunch
- 5 Delicious DIY Naan Recipes
- Lamb Burger Recipes for Springtime Grilling
- 5 Ways to Fill a Pita Pocket
- 9 Reasons You Should Definitely Make Scrambled Eggs Today
You can elevate even the simplest tomato soup with one of these fantastic garnishes.
1. Candied bacon
Cook sugar-rubbed bacon until glazed, then serve as a strip alongside a bowl of soup.
2. Crab salad
Toss crab with diced avocado, lime and jalapeño for an elegant riff on guacamole, then spoon a little on top of tomato soup.
3. Herb croutons
Toss sourdough cubes with butter, cooked garlic and herbs for croutons that are way better than boxed.
4. Toasted almonds
To add a little crunch to an otherwise creamy tomato soup, top it simply, with nothing more than toasted almonds.
5. Goat cheese
Blend goat cheese with basil and cilantro and spoon in the center of a summery tomato soup.
Kristin Donnelly is a former Food & Wine editor and author of the forthcoming The Modern Potluck (Clarkson Potter, 2016) and the blog Eat Better, Drink Better. She is also the cofounder of Stewart & Claire, an all-natural line of lip balms made in Brooklyn.