There are better ways to take a shot than with a lick of salt or out of a belly button. Here, five ways to upgrade your shot experience.
1. Chase shots with Sangrita. Instead of the typical lime wedge, chase shots of tequila the real Mexican way: with sangrita. A sweet, salty, spicy mix of citrus, tomato juice and chiles, it’s a supertasty sipper on its own and even better after an eye-opening shot of blanco tequila. Not only does it help cleanse your palate, it also complements tequila’s naturally bright, citrusy flavors.
- How to Make Mulled Wine Jell-O (Shots)
- 5 Super-Fancy Jell-O Shots
- 9 Excuses to Buy a Bottle of Tequila
2. Cocktailify your shots. Make a more sophisticated mini-cocktail instead of whipping together a too sweet kamikaze or lemon drop. Try this Citrus Scandi, a bright mix of vodka, aquavit, Cointreau and grapefruit juice or make a minty mojito Jell-O shot.