- 7 Best-Ever Milk Shakes and Smoothies
- 5 Best-Ever Brunch Smoothies
- 10 Recipes for Huge Cuts of Meat
- How to Make DIY Summer Rolls
- 10 Show-Stopping Fall Roasts
- 5 Ways to Eat (and Cook) Like an Olympian
- 13 Extra-Meaty Father’s Day Recipes
- Say "I Love You" With a Giant Steak
- 9 Epic Grilled Steaks for Labor Day
- 10 Lamb Recipes for Easter Dinner
Here, five crunchy and delicious salads perfect for your homemade tortilla bowls.
Previously on F&W’s Mad Genius Tips, whiz kid Justin Chapple proved you can satisfy your crispy tortilla bowl craving without succumbing to any deep-fat fryer guilt. Now that you have a healthy edible bowl, fill it with a healthy salad. Here, five crunchy and delicious salads perfect for your homemade tortilla bowls:
1. Mexican Chopped Salad with Beets and Walnut Dressing
Seek out vacuum-sealed beets, which are preroasted and peeled, and use store-bought chips.
2. Southwestern Tortilla Salad
This Tex-Mex favorite comes together in minutes. You'll be surprised by how quick and easy it is to make your own refried beans—and how much better they taste than the ready-made variety.
3. Mexican Shrimp-and-Avocado Salad with Tortilla Chips
This recipe is loosely based on fattoush, a Middle Eastern salad in which toasted bread is moistened by other ingredients, like tomatoes and cucumbers. Here, tortilla chips soak up the delicious salad juices.
4. Mexican Chopped Salad
Los Angeles is known for its myriad salads and also for its large Latin population. This salad pays homage to both.
5. Barbecue Shrimp with Avocado Salad
This quick and easy shrimp is flavored with plenty of Worcestershire, making it hearty and bold.