- How to Make the Ultimate Thanksgiving Gravy
- 5 Incredible Holiday Crème Brûlées
- How to Recover From New Year's Eve with the Ultimate Hash Browns
- 5 Ways You Never Knew You Could Use Frosting
- How to Make a Healthy Breakfast Smoothie Bowl
- How to Master Carrots for the Holidays
- 5 Best Healthy Holiday Soups
- Beyond Mashed: Dramatic Holiday Potatoes
- How to Make Candied Yams Without the Can
- 9 Ways to Use Quinoa in the New Year
Fragrant, spicy ginger is packed with health benefits that will keep you well through the winter. It's also a bargain that will go a long way when you buy it fresh, considering its versatility and intense flavor. It can be a bit intimidating to prep, though, which is why this Mad Genius Tip for peeling and grating it with just a spoon and fork is such a life-saver.
Here, our favorite holiday side dishes that call for fresh ginger.
1. Ginger-Roasted Parsnips
It takes just a few ingredients to bring out the sweetness of parsnips combined with the spice of ginger.
2. Beet and Ginger Salad
A simple, healthy salad of beets and ginger is an amazing post-holiday detox recipe.
3. Farro Salad with Winter Fruit, Pistachios and Ginger
This hearty grain salad is dressed up with a juicy ginger dressing.
4. Glazed Carrots with Cardamom and Ginger
Cooking carrots in carrot and orange juice keeps them tender, and ginger is a perfect complement to the sweetness.
5. Vegetable Stir-Fry with Ginger Vinaigrette
Make this stir-fry with whatever vegetables are on hand for a burst of freshness in winter.