- 5 Best Healthy Holiday Soups
- 5 Healthy Ways to Prepare Thanksgiving Sweet Potatoes
- How to Make a Healthy Breakfast Smoothie Bowl
- How to Make the Ultimate Thanksgiving Gravy
- 9 Best Gooey Caramel Holiday Desserts
- How to Make Delicious Mini Potato Salad Bites
- 5 Ways to Throw the Best Latke Party
- How to Make the Best Brisket for Hanukkah
- Wake Up to Squash Egg-in-a-Hole
- How to Make Candied Yams Without the Can
Fragrant, spicy ginger is packed with health benefits that will keep you well through the winter. It's also a bargain that will go a long way when you buy it fresh, considering its versatility and intense flavor. It can be a bit intimidating to prep, though, which is why this Mad Genius Tip for peeling and grating it with just a spoon and fork is such a life-saver.
Here, our favorite holiday side dishes that call for fresh ginger.
1. Ginger-Roasted Parsnips
It takes just a few ingredients to bring out the sweetness of parsnips combined with the spice of ginger.
2. Beet and Ginger Salad
A simple, healthy salad of beets and ginger is an amazing post-holiday detox recipe.
3. Farro Salad with Winter Fruit, Pistachios and Ginger
This hearty grain salad is dressed up with a juicy ginger dressing.
4. Glazed Carrots with Cardamom and Ginger
Cooking carrots in carrot and orange juice keeps them tender, and ginger is a perfect complement to the sweetness.
5. Vegetable Stir-Fry with Ginger Vinaigrette
Make this stir-fry with whatever vegetables are on hand for a burst of freshness in winter.