- How to Make the Ultimate Thanksgiving Gravy
- How to Recover From New Year's Eve with the Ultimate Hash Browns
- 5 Incredible Holiday Crème Brûlées
- How to Make a Healthy Breakfast Smoothie Bowl
- 5 Ways You Never Knew You Could Use Frosting
- How to Master Carrots for the Holidays
- 5 Best Healthy Holiday Soups
- How to Make Candied Yams Without the Can
- Beyond Mashed: Dramatic Holiday Potatoes
- 9 Ways to Use Quinoa in the New Year
A refreshing, icy granita can be both a healthier ice cream alternative and a perfect accompaniment to oysters. It’s infinitely customizable, from its base to its seasonings. This video from ChefSteps shows you how to get a batch into your freezer in no time:
Here, some ready-made recipes for sweet granitas.
1. Strawberry-Champagne Granita (above)
Star chef Andrew Zimmern loves this bright pink version, made with sparkling wine.
2. Melon Granita Trio
These Mexican granitas are flavored with cinnamon and cayenne.
3. Cranberry Granita
A festive, deep-red cranberry granita is perfectly complemented by orange zest.
4. Lemon and Rosemary Granita
The intense flavor of rosemary brings this sweet, citrusy granita to the next level.
5. Concord Grape Granita
Sweet Concord grapes have three times the antioxidants of orange and grapefruit, making this dessert a very healthy choice.