- 5 Ways to Celebrate Pi(e) Day a La Mode
- 7 Yakitori Recipes to Make at Home
- 9 Banh Mi Recipes for Desk Lunch Domination
- 7 Movie Theater-Inspired Snacks for an Awesome Oscar Party
- 7 Oscar Party Foods on a Stick
- 7 Sparkling Oscar Night Cocktails
- 7 Dressed-Up Bow-Tie Pasta Recipes for Oscar Night Dinner
- 9 Elegant Oscar Party Dessert Ideas
- 11 Monday Brunch Recipes
- 11 Super-Melty-Cheesy Dishes for a Snow Day
This Thanksgiving, go beyond traditional apple pie.
From Marcus Samuelsson's cardamom-spiced pie to sweet-savory cheese-filled hand pies, here are five ways to upgrade classic apple pie filling.
1. Spiced Apple Pie with Cheddar Crust
Chef Marcus Samuelsson's tangy filling features cardamom, a common sweet seasoning in his native Sweden.
2. Apple Blintz Hand Pies
Tart and sweet apples combined with farmer cheese and cinnamon makes a lovely filling for these sweet little pies.
3. Apple Tart with Bananas and Cranberries
This holiday version of a traditional apple pie gets a boost of flavor from rum and dried cranberries.
4. Double-Crust Apple-Apricot Pie
Master baker Alice Mendrich enhances the flavor of tender baked apples with dried apricots and orange zest.
5. Apple Cider Cream Pie
This clever dessert is a delicious combination of cream pie and apple pie.