- 11 Monday Brunch Recipes
- 7 Oscar Party Foods on a Stick
- 7 Recipes That Prove Maple Syrup and Pork Are Meant for Each Other
- Fried Cheese Is the Most Comforting Comfort Food Ever
- 5 Best Pumpkin Pastas
- 5 Gazpachos to Make if You Don't Like Tomatoes
- 7 Best Sauces for Crab Cakes
- 8 Ways to Make Gumbo
- 5 Ways to Fill a Pita Pocket
- 10 Simple Tofu Recipes for Beginner Vegetarians
There’s no denying that matcha is having a moment.
There’s no denying that matcha is having a moment. The bitter, energizing green tea powder is so popular right now that there’s an entire Brooklyn café dedicated to it. But matcha isn’t just for drinking. It’s also an incredible tool for boosting flavor, complexity and color in desserts. Here, four deliciously bittersweet desserts to make with matcha.
1. Matcha-Dusted Caramel Almonds
These super-crunchy, salty-sweet almonds are tossed in a homemade caramel, then dusted with fragrant matcha and sea salt.
2. Matcha-Macaron Ice Cream Sandwiches
Crispy, chewy, matcha-spiked macarons are delicious “buns” for ice cream sandwiches.
3. Green-Tea Fortune Cookies
Adding matcha to DIY fortune cookies transforms the Chinese takeout staples into grown-up desserts.
4. Green Tea Panna Cotta
This cool, creamy custard is beautiful and elegant.