- 7 Summer Party Dips
- 9 Portable Dips for a Memorial Day Party
- Every Dipping Sauce You’ll Ever Need
- 5 Rainbow Foods You Should Definitely Make This Weekend
- Green Goddess Dressing: The Retro Recipe That Keeps On Giving
- 9 Make-Ahead Snacks for an Easy and Amazing Graduation Party
- Upgrade Your Super Bowl with These Game Day Shrimp Recipes
- Beyond the Bagel: 12 Recipes for Smoked Fish
- 7 Crab Dip Recipes for Holiday Parties
- 9 Upgrades for Classic Party Dips
Here, four ways you never thought to use cherries.
This week’s Mad Genius Tips video reveals how to easily pit cherries using a chopstick and an empty wine bottle. You’ll probably eat the first few dozen pitted cherries on their own. The next batch will go to pies and other desserts. After you pit the third batch, it’ll be time to think outside the box. Here, four ways you never thought to use cherries.
In couscous. Doctoring couscous with sweet cherries, salty olives and fresh tarragon creates a speedy, delicious and interesting side dish.
In meat loaf. Cherries add a fantastic, fruity pop to this intensely flavorful and quick to prepare pork meat loaf.
In soup. In Hungary, chilled sour cherry soup is made sweet enough to be a dessert. But you can also make a savory version with fennel.
In chutney. Simmered with tart rhubarb, sweet cherries are a delicious base for a cheese-friendly chutney.