- 7 Best Pumpkin Brunch Recipes
- 9 Easy Fall Breakfasts to Make in 35 Minutes or Less
- 7 Best Sweet Potato Desserts for Fall
- 5 Spritzy Hard Cider Cocktails
- 5 Hearty Stuffed Mushrooms Recipes
- 9 Super-Tasty Meatless Burgers for Memorial Day
- 10 Superfast Grilling Recipes
- 5 Fall Recipes to Make with Both Apple and Pumpkin
- How to Make the Meatballs from Jimmy Kimmel's Emmy's Afterparty
- 5 Egg Appetizers for Easter
Here, four ways you never thought to use cherries.
This week’s Mad Genius Tips video reveals how to easily pit cherries using a chopstick and an empty wine bottle. You’ll probably eat the first few dozen pitted cherries on their own. The next batch will go to pies and other desserts. After you pit the third batch, it’ll be time to think outside the box. Here, four ways you never thought to use cherries.
In couscous. Doctoring couscous with sweet cherries, salty olives and fresh tarragon creates a speedy, delicious and interesting side dish.
In meat loaf. Cherries add a fantastic, fruity pop to this intensely flavorful and quick to prepare pork meat loaf.
In soup. In Hungary, chilled sour cherry soup is made sweet enough to be a dessert. But you can also make a savory version with fennel.
In chutney. Simmered with tart rhubarb, sweet cherries are a delicious base for a cheese-friendly chutney.