- Get Your Omega 3s from These Salmon Pasta Recipes
- 8 Brilliant Ways to Use Bacon in Pasta Dishes
- 7 Grown-Up Recipes for Pasta Shells
- 7 One-Pot Dinners to Make Now
- 11 Best Pasta Recipes for Fall
- 5 Ways to Eat More Hummus at Brunch
- How to Fall-ify Your Pancakes
- How to Pumpkin Spice Everything
- 11 Ways to Use Cranberries (Other Than Cranberry Sauce)
- 9 Killer Pumpkin Desserts for Halloween
Here, 4 recipes for pretzels so good you'll want to protect them—from anyone else who might want to eat them.
From now on, only pretzels baked in Bavaria can be called Bayerische breze (Bavarian pretzel) according to the EU, which has added pretzels baked in that German state to its "protected origins" list. Here, 4 recipes for pretzels so good you'll want to protect them—from anyone else who might want to eat them.
1. German-Style Pretzels
Mimic the delicious Bavarian pretzel with this fantastic, chewy version from chef Hans Röckenwagner.
2. German Soft Pretzel Sticks
Grant Achatz's slightly sweet pretzels with flaky salt are terrific on their own or with mustard.
3. Soft Pretzels
These pretzels are boiled and then baked, which gives them a chewy, bagel-like interior.
4. Pretzel Dumplings
A great way to use leftover pretzels, this clever dish is a fun twist on traditional bread dumplings.