- Why You Should Be Drinking Your Own Homemade Vermouth All Spring
- If You're Going to Drink Something Green on St. Patrick's Day, Make it Chartreuse
- The Best Canned Wines for Undercover Drinking on New Year's Eve
- 7 Ways to Transform the Appletini into a Respectable Cocktail
- 9 Margaritas to Drink With Your Friends on Valentine's Day
- 7 Low Alcohol Cocktails To Drink All Day Long on Thanksgiving
- 7 Ways to Make an Ultra-Springy Pimm's Cup
- 5 Better Ways to Take New Year's Eve Shots
- 9 Gins to Try for World Gin Day
- Here's Why a Bloody Bull is Better Than a Bloody Mary
This week we revealed how to make not only the ultimate margarita but also a selection of the best fruity margaritas. Now, it’s time to think outside the box with these unexpected, ultra-creative margaritas.
1. Salt Air Margarita
Chef José Andrés uses Sucro, a powdered emulsifier beloved by avant-garde chefs, to make a salty foam topping for his seaside-inspired margarita.
2. Bloody Margarita
This Bloody Mary-margarita hybrid is sweet, savory and citrusy.
3. Lemongrass Margarita
Lemongrass syrup replaces the agave syrup in this deliciously aromatic cocktail.
4. Chocolate-Cherry Margarita
Don’t worry, this isn’t a choco-tini. It’s a classic margarita muddled with brandied cherries and rimmed with cocoa sugar.