- 10 Recipes That Celebrate the Oozy Glory of Sunny-Side-Up Eggs
- 5 Delicious DIY Jerky Recipes for National Jerky Day
- 7 Surprising Ways to Instantly Upgrade Your Tacos
- 7 Cajun Shrimp Recipes for Mardi Gras Dinner
- 7 Best-Ever Milk Shakes and Smoothies
- 5 Best-Ever Brunch Smoothies
- 10 Recipes for Huge Cuts of Meat
- How to Make DIY Summer Rolls
- 10 Show-Stopping Fall Roasts
- 5 Ways to Eat (and Cook) Like an Olympian
Here, four delicious pretzels to make now.
According to food industry consulting firm Technomic, successful "flavor trends" evolve along a predictable path from introduction to maturity. Pretzels, the firm contends, "are in the growth phase of the 'Flavor Cycle.'" While the firm's research focuses mostly on chain restaurants, we are seeing amazing new pretzels in some of our favorite independent places around the country. Here, four delicious pretzels to make now.
1. Soft Pretzels
Boiling the pretzels before baking gives them a deliciously chewy interior.
2. German-Style Pretzels
Pretzels baked without salt can be frozen for up to 1 month.
3. Pretzel Dumplings
This fun take on traditional bread dumplings is a great way to use leftover pretzels.
4. German Soft Pretzel Sticks
F&W chef-in-residence Grant Achatz eats these slightly sweet, dark pretzels with ranch dressing.