- Get Some Holiday Spirit(s)
- The Ultimate Hanukkah Cocktail from the Ultimate Holiday Bar
- 7 Ways to Drink a Kiwi
- 7 Low Alcohol Cocktails To Drink All Day Long on Thanksgiving
- Shandy 2.0: Modern Takes on the Simplest Beer Cocktail
- 10 Easy, Make-Ahead Punches for Labor Day Drinking
- 7 Cocktails to Make with Brandy, the Other Brown Spirit
- Clarified Lime Juice Makes the Coolest Mojito Ever
- 8 Drinks to Make If You Love a Piña Colada
- Sesame, Mustard and Olive Oils Now Enhancing Cocktails
Here, three crazy-simple watermelon cocktails that anyone can make.
Watermelon is the perfect summer fruit for cocktails. First of all, it’s crazy-refreshing (it even has water in its name). Second, its sweet, fruity flavor pairs with a range of spirits from vodka to tequila to rum. Third, its rosy hue is irresistible.
Watermelon makes for a delicious drink without any complex syrups or bitters. Here, three crazy-simple watermelon cocktails that anyone can make.
Sparkling Watermelon Cocktail (left)
From EN Japanese Brasserie
Makes 1 drink
2 to 3 oz. fresh watermelon juice (for an easy shortcut, muddle watermelon in a cocktail tin and strain it into a glass)
Mint sprig, for garnish
Pour the watermelon juice into a flute. Top with chilled sparkling wine. Garnish with a mint sprig.
Contributed by Floyd Cardoz
Makes 4 drinks
20 mint leaves, chopped
2 tablespoons superfine sugar
½ cup freshly squeezed lime juice
¾ cup light rum
6 ounces seedless watermelon, pureed
In the bottom of a large shaker, muddle the mint, sugar and ¼ cup of the lime juice. Fill the shaker with ice. Add the rum, watermelon puree and the remaining ¼ cup of lime juice; shake well. Strain into old-fashioned glasses over ice.
Contributed by John Lermayer
Makes 1 drink
6 watermelon chunks (3 skewered on a pick, for garnish)
¾ oz. freshly squeezed lime juice
¼ oz. agave nectar
½ oz. St-Germain elderflower liqueur
2 oz. blanco tequila
In a cocktail shaker, muddle 3 watermelon chunks. Add ice and the lime juice, agave nectar, St-Germain and blanco tequila and shake well. Fine-strain into a chilled, ice-filled collins glass, and garnish the drink with the skewered watermelon chunks.