- Campfire Canapés
- 11 Ways to Use Fennel
- 11 Things to Do with Salmon
- Fresh Fish, Broken Back
- White Truffle Mania
- Started Out on Bok Choy, Soon Hit the Harder Stuff
- Oatmeal, Cheaper, Faster and Better
- How to Make Wheat Berries and Farro into Easy Weeknight Dishes
- 8 Ways to Use Farro
- 4 Ways to Make Everything Better with Cherries
I have piles of information to sift through from the NASFT Fancy Food Show—an annual trade show in which food producers display their wares hoping to find distributors and retailers. This gluttonous parade of cheeses, cookies and everything edible you could ever buy in a jar is now at New York City’s Javits Center. I’m not a huge fan of bottled sauces, but I did find two new delicious truffle-based products and a worthy prepared pesto.
- Céline Labaune has been importing truffles and selling them to chefs since 2003. She has just launched a line of products, including a lovely white truffle cream that would be wonderful with a little butter as an almost-instant pasta sauce.
- Acadamia Barilla’s new spread is made with Pecorino cheese from Sardinia, porcini and truffles. It's excellent on crostini or tossed with pillowy gnocchi.
- Sauces ‘n Love, the Boston-based company responsible for well made pasta sauces sold in the refrigerator section of specialty markets, just released a vegan pesto, with tofu standing for the cheese. Its light flavor is perfect for summer.