- 7 Crave-Worthy Fall Desserts
- Cooking Meat Low and Slow Might Reduce Your Cancer Risk
- 7 Ways to Use Leftover Mashed Potatoes
- 11 Fall Soups You Can Make in a Blender
- How to Upgrade Applesauce
- 7 Recipes That Prove Brussels Sprouts and Bacon Are BFFs
- Here's Why You Only Crave Tomato Juice on a Plane
- 5 Best Beaujolais Nouveau Pairings
- 5 Cheesy French Onion Soups
- 5 Best Pumpkin Brunch Recipes
F&W’s Kay Chun shares two of her fastest recipes—one seasonal, one seasonless.
Every summer, I come up with new no-cook pasta sauces. Of course, I hunt for ideas at farmers’ markets. On a trip to Paris, for instance, I bought cherry tomatoes on the vine that were so intense and sweet, they perfumed my hand as I plucked them. But inspiration can also strike in a place where seasonality is mainly irrelevant: the supermarket. My smoky eggplant sauce, made with the prepared baba ghanoush I buy year-round, is fast, creamy and delicious.