- 7 Mother's Day Breakfasts to Make in 30 Minutes or Less
- 5 Creamy Queso Dips for Cinco de Mayo
- 5 Reasons to Add Fruit to Your Salsa
- 5 Tequila Punches for Cinco de Mayo
- Why Chocolate and Chiles Belong Together Forever
- 5 Smoky Cocktails for a Cinco de Mayo Party
- 9 Ways to Eat as Much Avocado as Possible on Cinco de Mayo
- Ultimate Desk Lunch: Glass Noodle Salad with Shrimp
- 9 Best Shrimp Pastas
- 7 Best Shrimp Tacos for #TacoTuesday
It takes just 12 minutes to make this superfresh-tasting summer salad. Chef Jimmy Bannos Jr. quick-pickles tangy currants, then uses the pickling liquid as a dressing for thin slices of baby squash and greens.
Summer Squash Salad with Pickled Currants
Heat 2 tablespoons each of red wine vinegar and currants with 1/4 teaspoons each of salt and sugar; let cool. Drain; transfer 2 teaspoons of the pickling liquid to a bowl. Toss with 1 pound thinly sliced baby summer squash, 2 cups mixed baby greens, 3/4 cup chopped basil, 2 tablespoons olive oil and the currants. Top with chopped roasted hazelnuts and shaved ricotta salata.