- Video: How to Make the Ultimate Chocolate Cake
- Say "I Love You" With a Giant Steak
- 5 Vegetarian Steaks
- 10 Simple Tofu Recipes for Beginner Vegetarians
- What to Cook if You're Single on Valentine's Day
- 9 Winter Pesto Recipes That Don't Call for Basil
- 7 Last-Minute Mardi Gras Recipes
- 7 Cajun Shrimp Recipes for Mardi Gras Dinner
- Get Down and Dirty This Mardi Gras with Dirty Rice
- 7 Superfast Fried Game Day Desserts
It takes just 12 minutes to make this superfresh-tasting summer salad. Chef Jimmy Bannos Jr. quick-pickles tangy currants, then uses the pickling liquid as a dressing for thin slices of baby squash and greens.
Summer Squash Salad with Pickled Currants
Heat 2 tablespoons each of red wine vinegar and currants with 1/4 teaspoons each of salt and sugar; let cool. Drain; transfer 2 teaspoons of the pickling liquid to a bowl. Toss with 1 pound thinly sliced baby summer squash, 2 cups mixed baby greens, 3/4 cup chopped basil, 2 tablespoons olive oil and the currants. Top with chopped roasted hazelnuts and shaved ricotta salata.