- 9 Super-Tasty Meatless Burgers for Memorial Day
- Ultimate Summer Cake Bucket List
- 7 Kid-Friendly Foods to Grill for Memorial Day
- 7 Cheese-Filled Snacks for Memorial Day
- 9 Upgrades for Classic Party Dips
- What to Eat at a Dad-chelor Shower
- 5 Crunchy Snack Mix Recipes
- 10 Grown-Up Recipes for a Halloween Cocktail Party
- 10 Ways to Use Chocolate Chips (Other than in Chocolate Chip Cookies)
- 7 Best Marsala Dishes to Celebrate the 2015 Pantone Color of the Year
It takes just 12 minutes to make this superfresh-tasting summer salad. Chef Jimmy Bannos Jr. quick-pickles tangy currants, then uses the pickling liquid as a dressing for thin slices of baby squash and greens.
Summer Squash Salad with Pickled Currants
Heat 2 tablespoons each of red wine vinegar and currants with 1/4 teaspoons each of salt and sugar; let cool. Drain; transfer 2 teaspoons of the pickling liquid to a bowl. Toss with 1 pound thinly sliced baby summer squash, 2 cups mixed baby greens, 3/4 cup chopped basil, 2 tablespoons olive oil and the currants. Top with chopped roasted hazelnuts and shaved ricotta salata.