- Beer-Spiked Desserts for Memorial Day
- 9 Super-Tasty Meatless Burgers for Memorial Day
- Ultimate Summer Cake Bucket List
- 7 Kid-Friendly Foods to Grill for Memorial Day
- 7 Cheese-Filled Snacks for Memorial Day
- 9 Upgrades for Classic Party Dips
- What to Eat at a Dad-chelor Shower
- 5 Crunchy Snack Mix Recipes
- 10 Grown-Up Recipes for a Halloween Cocktail Party
- 10 Ways to Use Chocolate Chips (Other than in Chocolate Chip Cookies)
F&W’s Test Kitchen whiz Justin Chapple’s brilliant and easy way to fillet a fish is just one of the great reasons to enjoy fish now. According to a recent study in the American Journal of Preventive Medicine, eating fish once a week could increase brain health and prevent cognitive diseases such as Alzheimer’s. Here, 10 fantastic fish recipes to help you reap the benefits.
1. Baked Trout with Shiitake Mushroom Pesto
Umami-rich dried shiitake mushrooms give this healthy fish a terrific savory flavor.
3. Sea Bass Baked in Foil with Pesto, Zucchini and Carrots
Baking the fish and vegetables in aluminum foil creates a flavorful broth.
4. Orange and Fennel Roasted Cod
Fennel-seed marinade, fennel bulbs and chopped fennel fronds star in this quick dish.
5. Broiled Bluefish with Red Onion and Citrus Dressing
Any rich, full-flavored fish like mackerel, shad or kingfish would also be great with this bright citrus dressing.
6. Herb-Broiled Fish with Lemon Aioli
Pair these delicious sea bass fillets with an herbal Sauvignon Blanc or a crisp, aromatic pilsner.
7. Steamed Salmon with Ginger and Chives
Chives do double duty in this simple salmon dish: They’re in the marinade and also sprinkled atop the finished fish as a final flash of flavor.
8. Broiled Yellowtail Collar with Daikon
Fresh fish collars are briny, rich and super simple to prepare.
9. Roast Monkfish in Sake Broth
F&W chef-in-residence Eric Ripert serves this delicate fish with a rich turnip puree.
10. Broiled Shad with Thyme
Succulent shad fillets are ideal for broiling.