- 7 Festive Snacks for Christmas Tree Decorating
- 5 Ways to Make Healthier Mac and Cheese
- Best Winter Beef Recipes
- 7 Crave-Worthy Fall Desserts
- Cooking Meat Low and Slow Might Reduce Your Cancer Risk
- 7 Ways to Use Leftover Mashed Potatoes
- 11 Fall Soups You Can Make in a Blender
- How to Upgrade Applesauce
- 7 Recipes That Prove Brussels Sprouts and Bacon Are BFFs
- Here's Why You Only Crave Tomato Juice on a Plane
Fisheries producing small, fatty fish like mackerel, herring and sardines generate fewer carbon emissions. Here, 10 delicious fish recipes to help save the environment.
1. Rosemary-Grilled Mackerel with Mustard-Dill Mayonnaise
Mackerel’s strong flavor pairs well with a simple mustard-and-dill-spiked mayonnaise.
2. Open-Face Smoked-Mackerel Sandwiches
These tasty sandwiches feature creamy roasted-garlic puree and smoked-mackerel fillets.
3. Spaghetti with Mackerel and Pine Nuts
Sweet raisins and bold mackerel are fantastic in this version of the Sicilian pasta con le sarde (pasta with sardines).
4. Herring-and-Beet Salad
Pickled herring stars in this fantastic hors d’oeuvre.
5. Grilled Sardines with Herbed Fennel-and-Olive Salad
A tangy herb-and-fennel salad tops the healthy, easy-to-grill sardines in this quick recipe, which can be served as an appetizer or main course.
6. Fresh Sardines on Grilled Bread
These delicious sardines are grilled the Portuguese way—with olive oil and coarse salt.
7. Sardine and Potato Salad with Romesco Sauce
Even those who don’t love sardines will enjoy this tasty salad with its garlicky sauce.
8. Heirloom Tomatoes with Anchovies and Red Chiles
Slices of juicy tomatoes topped with anchovy fillets are a fast and delicious appetizer or side dish.
9. Spicy Green Bean and Enoki Mushroom Stir-Fry with Garlic and Anchovies
Ready in just 10 minutes, this Asian-inspired dish is an easy weeknight dinner.
10. White Anchovy and Grilled Radicchio Bread Salad
Grilled radicchio, flavorful white anchovies and rustic Italian bread make for a twist on the traditional panzanella.