- 7 Crave-Worthy Fall Desserts
- Cooking Meat Low and Slow Might Reduce Your Cancer Risk
- 7 Ways to Use Leftover Mashed Potatoes
- 11 Fall Soups You Can Make in a Blender
- How to Upgrade Applesauce
- 7 Recipes That Prove Brussels Sprouts and Bacon Are BFFs
- Here's Why You Only Crave Tomato Juice on a Plane
- 5 Best Beaujolais Nouveau Pairings
- 5 Cheesy French Onion Soups
- 5 Best Pumpkin Brunch Recipes
Recently, a study showed that eating foods rich in umami (savory flavor) can keep you satisfied longer and help control appetite. Here, 10 delicious foods loaded with umami to help you reap those benefits.
1. Umami Burgers with Port and Stilton
These incredible burgers are sprinkled with umami dust made with bonito flakes, dried kombu and dried shiitake mushrooms.
2. Miso and Shiitake Mushroom Tofu
Ready in just 20 minutes, this fantastic dish gets its meaty flavor thanks to shiitake mushrooms.
3. All’Amatriciana with Extra Umami
Minced anchovies enhance this incredible pasta sauce.
4. Grilled Oysters with Spicy Tarragon Butter
Bobby Flay’s smoky oysters are topped with a blend of butter, tarragon and hot sauce.
5. Soy Sauce Chicken Wings
Umami-rich soy sauce stars in these fantastic fried wings.
6. Tangy Sun-Dried Tomato and Olive Dip
This healthy dip is great served with crudités or spread on grilled cheese sandwiches.
7. Potato & Green Bean Salad with Nori Tartare
A tangy caper-and-seaweed dressing tops this vegan salad.
8. Tilapia with Spicy Garlic Oyster Sauce
Thai chiles add fantastic heat to the umami-packed oyster sauce.
9. Bacon-Wrapped Peaches
Tom Mylan takes grilled peaches to another level by wrapping them in sweet-salty bacon.
10. Parmesan Cookies
These delicious cocktail party treats are a fun take on classic shortbread cookies.