- 7 Kid-Friendly Foods to Grill for Memorial Day
- 7 Cheese-Filled Snacks for Memorial Day
- 9 Upgrades for Classic Party Dips
- What to Eat at a Dad-chelor Shower
- 5 Crunchy Snack Mix Recipes
- 10 Grown-Up Recipes for a Halloween Cocktail Party
- 10 Ways to Use Chocolate Chips (Other than in Chocolate Chip Cookies)
- 7 Best Marsala Dishes to Celebrate the 2015 Pantone Color of the Year
- 7 Desserts You Can Make with Sour Cream
- Skip the Bacon: 9 Best Vegetarian Breakfasts to Make This Weekend
Icelandic chef Gunnar Karl Gíslason’s forthcoming book is called North. Here, he shares two delicious no-cook recipes.
In a blender, puree 1/2 cup chopped dill with 1/3 cup chopped parsley, 1/4 cup water, 2 tablespoons minced shallot, 2 1/2 tsp. stone-ground mustard, 2 teaspoons malt vinegar and 1 teaspoon minced garlic. With the machine on, gradually add 1/2 cup canola oil and puree until smooth. Season with salt. Drizzle over a mozzarella-tomato salad.
Smoked Salmon on Rye with Brined Herb Stems
Whisk 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar with 1/4 cup superfine sugar until the sugar dissolves. Add 20 dill or basil stems, cut into 1/2-inch pieces. Let stand for 2 hours; drain. Spread slices of rye bread with goat cheese and top with smoked salmon and the brined herb stems.