- The 10 Most Romantic Pastas
- 5 Valentine's Day Quiche Recipes
- Video: How to Make the Ultimate Chocolate Cake
- Say "I Love You" With a Giant Steak
- 5 Vegetarian Steaks
- 10 Simple Tofu Recipes for Beginner Vegetarians
- What to Cook if You're Single on Valentine's Day
- 9 Winter Pesto Recipes That Don't Call for Basil
- 7 Last-Minute Mardi Gras Recipes
- 7 Cajun Shrimp Recipes for Mardi Gras Dinner
Icelandic chef Gunnar Karl Gíslason’s forthcoming book is called North. Here, he shares two delicious no-cook recipes.
In a blender, puree 1/2 cup chopped dill with 1/3 cup chopped parsley, 1/4 cup water, 2 tablespoons minced shallot, 2 1/2 tsp. stone-ground mustard, 2 teaspoons malt vinegar and 1 teaspoon minced garlic. With the machine on, gradually add 1/2 cup canola oil and puree until smooth. Season with salt. Drizzle over a mozzarella-tomato salad.
Smoked Salmon on Rye with Brined Herb Stems
Whisk 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar with 1/4 cup superfine sugar until the sugar dissolves. Add 20 dill or basil stems, cut into 1/2-inch pieces. Let stand for 2 hours; drain. Spread slices of rye bread with goat cheese and top with smoked salmon and the brined herb stems.