- 7 Crave-Worthy Fall Desserts
- Cooking Meat Low and Slow Might Reduce Your Cancer Risk
- 7 Ways to Use Leftover Mashed Potatoes
- 11 Fall Soups You Can Make in a Blender
- How to Upgrade Applesauce
- 7 Recipes That Prove Brussels Sprouts and Bacon Are BFFs
- Here's Why You Only Crave Tomato Juice on a Plane
- 5 Best Beaujolais Nouveau Pairings
- 5 Cheesy French Onion Soups
- 5 Best Pumpkin Brunch Recipes
Chef Geoffrey Zakarian of The Lambs Club in New York shares an unusual recipe for a creamy avocado-based sauce. His new book, My Perfect Pantry, comes out in October.
In a bowl, combine 1 peeled, pitted and diced Hass avocado with 4 husked, rinsed and chopped tomatillos, 1/4 cup minced cilantro, 2 tablespoons minced red onion, 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice and 1 tablespoon seeded, minced jalapeño. Mash well to form a chunky sauce. Season with salt. Serve with crudités or chips.