- The 10 Most Romantic Pastas
- 5 Valentine's Day Quiche Recipes
- Video: How to Make the Ultimate Chocolate Cake
- Say "I Love You" With a Giant Steak
- 5 Vegetarian Steaks
- 10 Simple Tofu Recipes for Beginner Vegetarians
- What to Cook if You're Single on Valentine's Day
- 9 Winter Pesto Recipes That Don't Call for Basil
- 7 Last-Minute Mardi Gras Recipes
- 7 Cajun Shrimp Recipes for Mardi Gras Dinner
Chef Geoffrey Zakarian of The Lambs Club in New York shares an unusual recipe for a creamy avocado-based sauce. His new book, My Perfect Pantry, comes out in October.
In a bowl, combine 1 peeled, pitted and diced Hass avocado with 4 husked, rinsed and chopped tomatillos, 1/4 cup minced cilantro, 2 tablespoons minced red onion, 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice and 1 tablespoon seeded, minced jalapeño. Mash well to form a chunky sauce. Season with salt. Serve with crudités or chips.