- 8 Cool Kits for DIY Dads
- Give Mom the Gift of Milk Bar Pastry Lessons
- What to Buy the Seafood Lover? Mail-Order Salmon
- The Best Empty Bottle: Jim Beam’s Vintage Decanters
- Ray Isle's Sake Buying Guide
- Combi Oven: The Best New Chef Tool
- A Crowdfunded Sous Vide Solution
- A Book and a Bottle for Serious Scotch Drinkers
- 3 Unusual Kinds of Hanukkah Gelt
- All the Gear You Need to Sous-Vide and Sear Meat at Home
The Brooklyn Brew Shop has long been a preferred purveyor for beginning beer brewers. Their starter kits come with seasonal ingredients packets, easy-to-use tools and simple instructions—perfect for wannabe brewers with small apartments and even less patience.
Now the crew is turning its attention to DIY cider with a new hard cider kit. Due out September 15, the kit will include everything needed to ferment three batches of soft cider (which can be purchased at farmers’ markets and better supermarkets) into sparkling hard cider. Buy the kits at Whole Foods or Brooklyn Brew Shop’s website.