- 3 Wines To Try If You Love a Pumpkin Latte
- 4 Wines to Pair with Roasted Vegetables
- Lively and Smoky: Red Muscadet
- A Fantastic Finger Lakes Riesling
- A Fruity and Savory Under-$15 Cabernet
- 3 Wines to Pair with Beef Stew
- A Sicilian Red Wine with a Do-Gooder Story
- A Red That Can Pair with Asparagus
- An $11 Red from Madrid
- A Virginia Chardonnay That's Amazing with Seafood
Here, wine experts reveal their favorite bottles costing less than $17. Many of the selections are lesser known but absolutely worth the search.
Who: Jenny Kornblum, sommelier, Grace Restaurant, Fort Worth, Texas
What: 2012 Macedon Pinot Noir, Macedonia
Why: “It’s fun to try wines from unusual places, especially when they pleasantly surprise you like this one,” says Kornblum. Macedon is from Gradsko in the Republic of Macedonia, which is the same latitude as Burgundy and the Russian River Valley. This is a classic, easy-drinking style of Pinot Noir.