- 7 Kid-Friendly Foods to Grill for Memorial Day
- 7 Cheese-Filled Snacks for Memorial Day
- 9 Upgrades for Classic Party Dips
- What to Eat at a Dad-chelor Shower
- 5 Crunchy Snack Mix Recipes
- 10 Grown-Up Recipes for a Halloween Cocktail Party
- 10 Ways to Use Chocolate Chips (Other than in Chocolate Chip Cookies)
- 7 Best Marsala Dishes to Celebrate the 2015 Pantone Color of the Year
- 7 Desserts You Can Make with Sour Cream
- Skip the Bacon: 9 Best Vegetarian Breakfasts to Make This Weekend
Making the perfect ice cream sandwich at home is easy, thanks to this week’s Mad Genius Tips video: Just slice through a pint of ice cream, stack between two cookies, peel away the cardboard and eat. The hardest part: choosing the cookies. Here, seven delicious cookies and their perfect ice cream pairings.
1. Milk-Chocolate-Chip Cookies
Crunchy on the outside, soft in the center and loaded with milk-chocolate chips, these may be the perfect chocolate chip cookies.
Ice cream pairing: Classic vanilla.
2. Fudgy Chocolate-Walnut Cookies
These divinely gooey chocolate cookies are flourless.
Ice cream pairing: Coffee.
3. Bacon-Chocolate-Chip-Oatmeal Cookies
Bacon really does make everything better. It gives these easy oatmeal cookies a hint of smoky flavor and a little bit of crunch.
Ice cream pairing: Dulce de leche.
4. Chunky Peanut Butter Cookies
Crunchy natural peanut butter gives these crisp and buttery cookies a deeply peanutty taste.
Ice cream pairing: Chocolate.
5. Lemon–Scented Sugar Cookies
Freshly grated lemon zest brightens up these buttery cookies.
Ice cream pairing: Strawberry.
6. Old-Fashioned Oatmeal-Raisin Cookies
This cookie-jar classic is jam-packed with quick-cooking oats that almost disappear into the buttery dough as the cookies bake.
Ice cream pairing: Rum raisin.
7. Temptation Island Cookies
These nutty cookies are studded with macadamia nuts, golden raisins and milk chocolate chips.
Ice cream pairing: Coconut.