- 3 Best-Ever Sweater-Weather Reds
- A Pinot Noir that Tastes Like Rocks (In a Good Way!)
- In Defense of Cabernet Franc
- A Sparkling Wine You Can Drink Every Day
- A Go-To Cocktail Party Red
- A Napa Valley Sommelier’s Go-To
- Finally, A Good, Cheap Pinot Noir
- A Chardonnay for Relaxing on the Couch
- A Red You Can Take to the Beach
- Pinot Noir’s Next Hot Region?
Here, wine experts reveal their favorite bottles costing less than $17. Many of the selections are lesser known but absolutely worth the search.
Who: Greg Scheinfeld, co-owner and winemaker of Uproot Wines
What: Nonvintage Sparkling Gruet Rosé from New Mexico
Why: “This wine is sort of a secret, so much so that I’m hesitant to tell you about it. I like things that are different and against the norm and that’s what this represents. It is a delicious and fruity but dry sparkling rosé that comes from New Mexico—which is generally not a sought-after or well-known wine region.”