- Rodin Beauty's Creator on Vertigo, Steak and Smuggling Jars
- Anthony Bourdain on His Ultra-Violent New Graphic Novel
- Shonda Rhimes on Her Two-Turkey Strategy and Baking Pie at Midnight
- Fashion Designer Nicole Miller's Top Entertaining Tips and Favorite Thanksgiving Dish
- Today Show Cohost Kathie Lee Gifford on Making Her New Gifft Wines and Boosting Ratings with Cocktails
- Parks and Recreation Co-Stars Adam Scott and Aziz Ansari On Entertaining, Party Food and Natural Wines
- Pink Takes Cooking Classes For Vacation, Feeds Her Daughter Clams
- 'Voracious' Author Cara Nicoletti Re-creates Meals from Beloved Books
- Chrissy Teigen Loves Hot Sauce, Eats Spaghetti in Bed
- Into the Gloss and Glossier CEO Emily Weiss on her New York Burger Cravings and the Healthy Ingredients in Her New Skin-Care Line
Fashion designer Zac Posen tells F&W about his food obsessions.
When I was growing up, my dad cooked for the family every day, and on special weekends, my mom would bake with me. I had trouble relating to my middle-school classmates, so baking became my escape. I made elaborate cakes.
Two cookbooks changed my life: La Varenne Pratique, which taught me techniques, and Martha Stewart’s first book, Entertaining. Now that I have the basics down, I don’t really use cookbooks—I can whip up dinner in an hour.
Making His Own Marinara
I get my therapy by boiling tomatoes and peeling them for sauce. I love it.
On Being Asked to Design the Waiters’ Suits for NYC’s Carbone
The chefs [F&W Best New Chefs 2012 Rich Torrisi and Mario Carbone] liked how I dress; Vito Schnabel, who curated the art for the restaurant, is like my brother.
Dream Dinner Guest
I’ve baked with Martha, and I’ve cooked with Giada De Laurentiis, Marcus Samuelsson and Mario Batali, but I would love to cook for Donna Tartt, who just won the Pulitzer Prize for The Goldfinch.
I had dinner in Sardinia one time with my friends the Missonis, and they made these special ravioli I’m wild about, culurgiones: pierogi-like dough with fluffy potato-cheese filling.
On Making Pizza
The key is to slide your pizza onto a really hot surface; I put a little pot of water in the oven for moisture.
Once, for a five-course vegan meal, I tried to make a gorgeous fruit jelly. I used vegetarian gelatin, and the jelly never set. So, to soak up all the berry juices, I made lavender angel food cake.