- 7 Crave-Worthy Fall Desserts
- Cooking Meat Low and Slow Might Reduce Your Cancer Risk
- 7 Ways to Use Leftover Mashed Potatoes
- 11 Fall Soups You Can Make in a Blender
- How to Upgrade Applesauce
- 7 Recipes That Prove Brussels Sprouts and Bacon Are BFFs
- Here's Why You Only Crave Tomato Juice on a Plane
- 5 Best Beaujolais Nouveau Pairings
- 5 Cheesy French Onion Soups
- 5 Best Pumpkin Brunch Recipes
When the US meets Germany this afternoon, it may be a brawl in Brazil. Here, five bratwurst and five burger dishes worth fighting over.
1. Bratwurst with Mustardy Fried Potatoes and Braised Cabbage
Suzanne Goin’s terrific salad is made with citrus–spiced red cabbage, bratwurst and a mustardy vinaigrette.
2. Sautéed German Sausages with Bacon and Apple Sauerkraut
A slightly off-dry German Riesling pairs perfectly with this dish from the Pfalz region.
3. Sausage Lovers’ Grilled Pizza
Summer squash, piquant peperoncini and sausage make this the ultimate summer pizza.
4. Brat Reubens
This delicious sandwich features hearty hoagie rolls stuffed with bratwurst, juicy pastrami and Swiss cheese.
5. Pasta Salad with Grilled Sausages and Peppers
Upgrade the classic pasta salad by adding grilled bratwurst.
6. Beef Burgers with Sweet-n-Smoky Ketchup
Dried pasilla chiles and molasses add smoky-sweetness to the ketchup on these juicy beef burgers.
7. Juicy Texas Burgers
Bobby Flay’s incredible burgers were inspired by the state’s love for BBQ.
8. Bacon Burgers with Cilantro-Yogurt Sauce
These complex-tasting burgers are made by mixing ground beef chuck with bacon, scallions and mint.
9. Nacho Burgers
What’s better than a cheeseburger? One topped with nacho cheese sauce, salsa and tortilla chips.
10. All-American Hamburgers with Red Onion Compote
Sweet-and-sour red onion compote tops these juicy burgers.