- 9 Ways to Eat as Much Avocado as Possible on Cinco de Mayo
- Ultimate Desk Lunch: Glass Noodle Salad with Shrimp
- 9 Best Shrimp Pastas
- 7 Best Shrimp Tacos for #TacoTuesday
- 7 Cajun Shrimp Recipes for Mardi Gras Dinner
- Upgrade Your Super Bowl with These Game Day Shrimp Recipes
- 5 Rose-Infused Recipes for the Run for the Roses
- 10 Things You Should Definitely Pickle
- Recover from Cinco de Mayo with These Refreshing Drinks
- 7 Cinco de Mayo Drinks That Aren't Margaritas
When the US meets Germany this afternoon, it may be a brawl in Brazil. Here, five bratwurst and five burger dishes worth fighting over.
1. Bratwurst with Mustardy Fried Potatoes and Braised Cabbage
Suzanne Goin’s terrific salad is made with citrus–spiced red cabbage, bratwurst and a mustardy vinaigrette.
2. Sautéed German Sausages with Bacon and Apple Sauerkraut
A slightly off-dry German Riesling pairs perfectly with this dish from the Pfalz region.
3. Sausage Lovers’ Grilled Pizza
Summer squash, piquant peperoncini and sausage make this the ultimate summer pizza.
4. Brat Reubens
This delicious sandwich features hearty hoagie rolls stuffed with bratwurst, juicy pastrami and Swiss cheese.
5. Pasta Salad with Grilled Sausages and Peppers
Upgrade the classic pasta salad by adding grilled bratwurst.
6. Beef Burgers with Sweet-n-Smoky Ketchup
Dried pasilla chiles and molasses add smoky-sweetness to the ketchup on these juicy beef burgers.
7. Juicy Texas Burgers
Bobby Flay’s incredible burgers were inspired by the state’s love for BBQ.
8. Bacon Burgers with Cilantro-Yogurt Sauce
These complex-tasting burgers are made by mixing ground beef chuck with bacon, scallions and mint.
9. Nacho Burgers
What’s better than a cheeseburger? One topped with nacho cheese sauce, salsa and tortilla chips.
10. All-American Hamburgers with Red Onion Compote
Sweet-and-sour red onion compote tops these juicy burgers.