- 5 Smoky Cocktails for a Cinco de Mayo Party
- 9 Ways to Eat as Much Avocado as Possible on Cinco de Mayo
- Ultimate Desk Lunch: Glass Noodle Salad with Shrimp
- 9 Best Shrimp Pastas
- 7 Best Shrimp Tacos for #TacoTuesday
- 7 Cajun Shrimp Recipes for Mardi Gras Dinner
- Upgrade Your Super Bowl with These Game Day Shrimp Recipes
- 5 Rose-Infused Recipes for the Run for the Roses
- 10 Things You Should Definitely Pickle
- Recover from Cinco de Mayo with These Refreshing Drinks
This week we revealed the easiest, fastest way to make ice cream with frozen bananas. F&W’s Justin Chapple mixed chocolate chips into the creamy dessert—but that’s not the only way to make it. Here, seven delicious things to swirl into almost-instant ice cream—or a pint of premade vanilla ice cream—for an incredible dessert.
1. Ricotta, Honey & Almonds
The ricotta adds extra creaminess, while the almonds give it a delicious crunch.
2. Apple Butter
Folding in apple butter is a great way to add elegance. Top the ice cream with ginger–laced melted chocolate.
3. Brown Butter Crumble
Brown butter, made by warming butter in a skillet until it’s deeply golden, gives this chunky, streusel-like crumble a wonderfully nutty flavor.
4. Caramel-Apple Ice Cream
Swirl in caramelized apples with dulce de leche for an ultra-indulgent dessert.
5. Fresh Blueberry Sauce
Mix this easy fruit sauce into the ice cream or pour it on top for a simple summer sundae.
6. Caramel Rum Raisin Sauce
Perfect for super-simple DIY rum raisin ice cream.
7. Double-Chocolate Cookie Crumble
This chocolate crumble is crisp, light and deeply chocolaty, with a nice saltiness to it.