- 7 Superfast Fried Game Day Desserts
- 10 Mess-Free Recipes for Baked Wings
- Go Beyond Chocolate-Dipped Strawberries
- How to Make Your Own Cheese Puffs
- Top 10 Romantic Breakfast Recipes
- 5 Recipes for DIY Onion Rings
- 9 Ways to Use the Leftover Celery from Your Chicken Wing Platter
- 5 Romantic Meals You Can Make in a Slow Cooker
- 9 Ways to Eat Lobster Every Day
- Your Super Bowl Needs a Chili Bar
This week we revealed the easiest, fastest way to make ice cream with frozen bananas. F&W’s Justin Chapple mixed chocolate chips into the creamy dessert—but that’s not the only way to make it. Here, seven delicious things to swirl into almost-instant ice cream—or a pint of premade vanilla ice cream—for an incredible dessert.
1. Ricotta, Honey & Almonds
The ricotta adds extra creaminess, while the almonds give it a delicious crunch.
2. Apple Butter
Folding in apple butter is a great way to add elegance. Top the ice cream with ginger–laced melted chocolate.
3. Brown Butter Crumble
Brown butter, made by warming butter in a skillet until it’s deeply golden, gives this chunky, streusel-like crumble a wonderfully nutty flavor.
4. Caramel-Apple Ice Cream
Swirl in caramelized apples with dulce de leche for an ultra-indulgent dessert.
5. Fresh Blueberry Sauce
Mix this easy fruit sauce into the ice cream or pour it on top for a simple summer sundae.
6. Caramel Rum Raisin Sauce
Perfect for super-simple DIY rum raisin ice cream.
7. Double-Chocolate Cookie Crumble
This chocolate crumble is crisp, light and deeply chocolaty, with a nice saltiness to it.