- Ultimate Summer Cake Bucket List
- 7 Kid-Friendly Foods to Grill for Memorial Day
- 7 Cheese-Filled Snacks for Memorial Day
- 9 Upgrades for Classic Party Dips
- What to Eat at a Dad-chelor Shower
- 5 Crunchy Snack Mix Recipes
- 10 Grown-Up Recipes for a Halloween Cocktail Party
- 10 Ways to Use Chocolate Chips (Other than in Chocolate Chip Cookies)
- 7 Best Marsala Dishes to Celebrate the 2015 Pantone Color of the Year
- 7 Desserts You Can Make with Sour Cream
This week we revealed the easiest, fastest way to make ice cream with frozen bananas. F&W’s Justin Chapple mixed chocolate chips into the creamy dessert—but that’s not the only way to make it. Here, seven delicious things to swirl into almost-instant ice cream—or a pint of premade vanilla ice cream—for an incredible dessert.
1. Ricotta, Honey & Almonds
The ricotta adds extra creaminess, while the almonds give it a delicious crunch.
2. Apple Butter
Folding in apple butter is a great way to add elegance. Top the ice cream with ginger–laced melted chocolate.
3. Brown Butter Crumble
Brown butter, made by warming butter in a skillet until it’s deeply golden, gives this chunky, streusel-like crumble a wonderfully nutty flavor.
4. Caramel-Apple Ice Cream
Swirl in caramelized apples with dulce de leche for an ultra-indulgent dessert.
5. Fresh Blueberry Sauce
Mix this easy fruit sauce into the ice cream or pour it on top for a simple summer sundae.
6. Caramel Rum Raisin Sauce
Perfect for super-simple DIY rum raisin ice cream.
7. Double-Chocolate Cookie Crumble
This chocolate crumble is crisp, light and deeply chocolaty, with a nice saltiness to it.