- 2015 Best New Chefs
- How to Make Pickled Strawberries
- Jake Bickelhaupt Makes Gorgeous, Complex Dishes in a 200-Square-Foot Space
- It's Best New Chefs Week!
- The Chefs Behind Portland's Ox Talk Ecuadorian Food and Easy Bake Ovens
- Why Ari Taymor Adds Citrus to Everything
- What Jon Favreau Learned from His Star Chef Mentor
- Eli Kulp on Picking his Own Mushrooms
- Matt McCallister on Cooking with Christmas Trees
- Flattened and Fried: Leftover Mashed Potatoes
I came up with a lot of the Hunt menu at Next while I was training for a marathon. That menu was not really about hunting, but about being outside and searching for something and taking in everything around you. I ran over a fallen birch tree, and it gave me the idea to serve a plate of appetizers on a log.
I’m a gearhead. When I was a kid, my neighbor was a race instructor and took me to the track. I saw a Mercedes C43 AMG and fell in love. My new car is the C63 AMG Coupe, first edition. It’s matte black, and it looks like the Batmobile.
I’ve talked a lot with mixologists about balance in food and cocktails. I got to work behind the bar at Pouring Ribbons in New York City, where I learned to make daiquiris. In Chicago, I mixed them at our bar, The Office. I’m not a bartender, but I’m confident in my ability to make daiquiris.