- 2015 Best New Chefs
- How to Make Pickled Strawberries
- Jake Bickelhaupt Makes Gorgeous, Complex Dishes in a 200-Square-Foot Space
- It's Best New Chefs Week!
- Blood Sausage, Beets and More Dishes from the Southwest & Gulf Coast Contenders for The People's Best New Chef
- 12 Adorable Pictures of F&W Best New Chef Alums as Youngsters
- How Jon Favreau Learned to Cook for His New Movie
- Corey Lee: Wise Chef of the West
- This Is What Happens After a Wine Guy Talks to a Chef
- 25 Incredible Recipes from 25 Best New Chef All-Stars
Kitchen Arts & Letters
If there was a pantheon of American gastronomy, Kitchen Arts & Letters bookshop in New York City would be it. It’s where I go when I need inspiration for menus. It’s got more top-level food writing per square foot than anywhere in the country, and probably in the entire world.
We take a lot of staff field trips. We get out in the forest and pick mushrooms, or go meet a cheesemaker. One of my favorites is Meadowset Farm & Apiary in Landenberg, PA. They produce alpine-style sheep-milk cheese, and lamb and honey. Everyone comes back pumped up.
He’s at the top of my list. I appreciate the way he constantly evolves; he’s playing music at a very high level. I feel like there are a lot of parallels between the style of music Beck started out doing in the early ’90s and how he’s changed, and my early career as a cook and where I am now.