- 7 Crave-Worthy Fall Desserts
- Cooking Meat Low and Slow Might Reduce Your Cancer Risk
- 7 Ways to Use Leftover Mashed Potatoes
- 11 Fall Soups You Can Make in a Blender
- How to Upgrade Applesauce
- 7 Recipes That Prove Brussels Sprouts and Bacon Are BFFs
- Here's Why You Only Crave Tomato Juice on a Plane
- 5 Best Beaujolais Nouveau Pairings
- 5 Cheesy French Onion Soups
- 5 Best Pumpkin Brunch Recipes
The World Cup kicks off this Thursday in São Paulo. Here, five fantastic Brazilian dishes to honor the host country.
1. Classic Caipirinha
Brazil’s national cocktail features the popular, rum-like spirit cachaça, which is made with sugarcane rather than molasses.
2. Brazilian Black Rice
This delicious dish features richly flavored Bahian seafood and healthy whole-grain black rice.
3. Brazilian Beer-Marinated Chicken
Xingu (a Brazilian black lager) flavors this quick chicken dish.
4. Brazilian Fish, Shrimp and Mussel Stew
“Brazilian seafood stews of this type will blow your mind,” says Andrew Zimmern of this terrific dish made with cashew butter and mussels.
5. Brazilian Rich Chocolate Truffles
These delicious treats, called brigadeiros in Portuguese, are closer to chocolate caramels than French-style truffles.