- 10 Simple Tofu Recipes for Beginner Vegetarians
- What to Cook if You're Single on Valentine's Day
- 9 Winter Pesto Recipes That Don't Call for Basil
- 7 Last-Minute Mardi Gras Recipes
- 7 Cajun Shrimp Recipes for Mardi Gras Dinner
- Get Down and Dirty This Mardi Gras with Dirty Rice
- 7 Superfast Fried Game Day Desserts
- 10 Mess-Free Recipes for Baked Wings
- Go Beyond Chocolate-Dipped Strawberries
- How to Make Your Own Cheese Puffs
The World Cup kicks off this Thursday in São Paulo. Here, five fantastic Brazilian dishes to honor the host country.
1. Classic Caipirinha
Brazil’s national cocktail features the popular, rum-like spirit cachaça, which is made with sugarcane rather than molasses.
2. Brazilian Black Rice
This delicious dish features richly flavored Bahian seafood and healthy whole-grain black rice.
3. Brazilian Beer-Marinated Chicken
Xingu (a Brazilian black lager) flavors this quick chicken dish.
4. Brazilian Fish, Shrimp and Mussel Stew
“Brazilian seafood stews of this type will blow your mind,” says Andrew Zimmern of this terrific dish made with cashew butter and mussels.
5. Brazilian Rich Chocolate Truffles
These delicious treats, called brigadeiros in Portuguese, are closer to chocolate caramels than French-style truffles.