- 5 Reasons to Add Fruit to Your Salsa
- 5 Tequila Punches for Cinco de Mayo
- Why Chocolate and Chiles Belong Together Forever
- 5 Smoky Cocktails for a Cinco de Mayo Party
- 9 Ways to Eat as Much Avocado as Possible on Cinco de Mayo
- Ultimate Desk Lunch: Glass Noodle Salad with Shrimp
- 9 Best Shrimp Pastas
- 7 Best Shrimp Tacos for #TacoTuesday
- 7 Cajun Shrimp Recipes for Mardi Gras Dinner
- Upgrade Your Super Bowl with These Game Day Shrimp Recipes
The World Cup kicks off this Thursday in São Paulo. Here, five fantastic Brazilian dishes to honor the host country.
1. Classic Caipirinha
Brazil’s national cocktail features the popular, rum-like spirit cachaça, which is made with sugarcane rather than molasses.
2. Brazilian Black Rice
This delicious dish features richly flavored Bahian seafood and healthy whole-grain black rice.
3. Brazilian Beer-Marinated Chicken
Xingu (a Brazilian black lager) flavors this quick chicken dish.
4. Brazilian Fish, Shrimp and Mussel Stew
“Brazilian seafood stews of this type will blow your mind,” says Andrew Zimmern of this terrific dish made with cashew butter and mussels.
5. Brazilian Rich Chocolate Truffles
These delicious treats, called brigadeiros in Portuguese, are closer to chocolate caramels than French-style truffles.