- A Brilliant Biodynamic White from Oregon
- Ever Wanted to Taste a Watermelon Cloud?
- Last-Gasp-of-Winter White
- An Austrian White for Your Chinese Takeout
- A Terrific Chianti Classico (With Some Age)
- A $10 Red Made By a Tuscan Superstar
- A Pinot Noir that Tastes Like Rocks (In a Good Way!)
- 3 Best-Ever Sweater-Weather Reds
- A Sparkling Wine You Can Drink Every Day
- In Defense of Cabernet Franc
Here, wine experts reveal their favorite bottles costing less than $17. Many of the selections are lesser known but absolutely worth the search.
Who: Robert Yealu, general manager, Menu MBK in Washington, DC
What: 2012 Novellum Chardonnay
Why: “This is a beautiful expression of Chardonnay from the unsung French wine region of Languedoc-Roussillon. I am always impressed with this wine, which presents with big tropical fruits of banana and lychee, and drinks super-smooth. This lightly oaked Chardonnay works well as a white wine with dinner, or enjoyed without food while relaxing on the couch.”