- The Secret to Ultra-Delicious Fried Chicken: Duck Fat
- Practice Makes Perfect Octopus
- David McMillan Won’t Eat His Own Sandwich
- How the Bäco Came to Be
- Mario Batali, Octopus Whisperer
- Cathal Armstrong’s Cult 'Boiling Bacon'
- How to Make Pok Pok’s Famous Vietnamese Chicken Wings at Home
- An L.A. Chef’s Sashimi-Enhanced Croque-Madam
- The Best Goat Curry North of the Caribbean
- Mourad Lahlou’s Flaky, Meaty Basteeya
At Osteria Mozza, the joint venture from Nancy Silverton, Mario Batali and Joseph Bastianich, diners come for the mozzarella bar but stay for the ravioli. Served solo, the fresh ricotta–egg raviolo with brown butter and sage is a perennial favorite. Executive chef Matt Molina has a theory: “Although this city is filled with tons of ethnic restaurants that use very complex ingredients, L.A. diners really love simplicity,” he says. Make your own ravioli at home using this foolproof recipe.