- 7 Crave-Worthy Fall Desserts
- Cooking Meat Low and Slow Might Reduce Your Cancer Risk
- 7 Ways to Use Leftover Mashed Potatoes
- 11 Fall Soups You Can Make in a Blender
- How to Upgrade Applesauce
- 7 Recipes That Prove Brussels Sprouts and Bacon Are BFFs
- Here's Why You Only Crave Tomato Juice on a Plane
- 5 Best Beaujolais Nouveau Pairings
- 5 Cheesy French Onion Soups
- 5 Best Pumpkin Brunch Recipes
F&W's Kay Chun shares her cooking strategy for fast weeknight meals.
Kay Chun of the F&W test kitchen is a grainiac. She devotes a portion of her Sundays to prepping different kinds of grains—quinoa, farro, wheat berries, bulgur. She boils them in salted water until al dente, like pasta, then spreads them out on a baking sheet to cool and stores them in separate containers in the refrigerator. Here are a few of her favorite things to do with them all week.