- A Go-To Cocktail Party Red
- 3 Cheap Wines to Pair with Salads
- A Go-To Wine Pairing for Pulled Pork
- Pinot Noir’s Next Hot Region?
- Finally, A Good, Cheap Pinot Noir
- Greece's Answer to Pinot Noir
- Italy's Answer to Beaujolais
- A Chardonnay for Relaxing on the Couch
- My First House White
- The Wine Equivalent of Smelling Salts
Here, wine experts reveal their favorite bottles costing less than $17. Many of the selections are lesser known but absolutely worth the search.
Who: Stevie Stacionis, owner and wine buyer at Bay Grape, in Oakland, California.
What: 2012 Tamí Frappato
Why: "Winemaker Arianna Occhipinti is my heroine and she's a wine industry heartthrob—beautiful inside and out. She's eloquent, gutsy, passionate about sustainability, with drop-dead gorgeous wines to boot. Her Frappato is a lighter-bodied, refreshing and fruity red from southern Sicily that you can chill down, toss in your cooler and take to the beach."
Kristin Donnelly is a former Food & Wine editor and cofounder of Stewart & Claire, an all-natural line of lip balms made in Brooklyn.