- 3 Wines To Try If You Love a Pumpkin Latte
- 4 Wines to Pair with Roasted Vegetables
- A Red That Can Pair with Asparagus
- A Fantastic Finger Lakes Riesling
- A Fruity and Savory Under-$15 Cabernet
- 3 Wines to Pair with Beef Stew
- A Sicilian Red Wine with a Do-Gooder Story
- The Best Wines to Pair with Mac and Cheese
- An $11 Red from Madrid
- A Virginia Chardonnay That's Amazing with Seafood
Here, wine experts reveal their favorite bottles costing less than $17. Many of the selections are lesser known but absolutely worth the search.
Who: Stevie Stacionis, owner and wine buyer at Bay Grape, in Oakland, California.
What: 2012 Tamí Frappato
Why: "Winemaker Arianna Occhipinti is my heroine and she's a wine industry heartthrob—beautiful inside and out. She's eloquent, gutsy, passionate about sustainability, with drop-dead gorgeous wines to boot. Her Frappato is a lighter-bodied, refreshing and fruity red from southern Sicily that you can chill down, toss in your cooler and take to the beach."
Kristin Donnelly is a former Food & Wine editor and cofounder of Stewart & Claire, an all-natural line of lip balms made in Brooklyn.