- 7 Crave-Worthy Fall Desserts
- Cooking Meat Low and Slow Might Reduce Your Cancer Risk
- 7 Ways to Use Leftover Mashed Potatoes
- 11 Fall Soups You Can Make in a Blender
- How to Upgrade Applesauce
- 7 Recipes That Prove Brussels Sprouts and Bacon Are BFFs
- Here's Why You Only Crave Tomato Juice on a Plane
- 5 Best Beaujolais Nouveau Pairings
- 5 Cheesy French Onion Soups
- 5 Best Pumpkin Brunch Recipes
If the only thing standing between you and a table full of luscious strawberry desserts is the prep work, then worry no more. This week’s Mad Genius Tips video reveals the easy way to hull strawberries using just a straw. Now that this obstacle is behind us, let’s get to the desserts.
1. Warm Strawberry Crumb Cake
Chef Gerard Craft tops spring’s first strawberries with batter and bakes them until the fruit is warm and jammy and the cake is airy, with a wonderful, crisp crust.
2. Honey-Lime Strawberries with Whipped Cream
These strawberries, macerated in lime and honey, become a bracing dessert when served over a scoop of lemon sorbet. The whole thing can also go into the blender with a shot of rum to make an excellent frozen drink.
3. Strawberry Shortcake with Star Anise Sauce
This version of the classic, all-American dessert is especially rich and moist, thanks to a trio of ingredients—high-quality white chocolate in the batter, crème fraîche and heavy cream in the icing.
4. Strawberry-Ricotta Tartlets
Pastry chef Heather Tirrell uses buttermilk to make the ricotta she piles on graham tartlet shells. But any good store-bought ricotta would be fine.
5. Strawberry, Lemon and Vanilla Ice Cream Parfait
Fresh strawberry sauce and refreshing lemon sorbet make these giant sundaes a delightful warm weather treat.
6. Deep-Dish Strawberry-Rhubarb Pie
This strawberry rhubarb pie is classic and perfectly tart-sweet.