- How to Master the Croque-Monsieur, the Ultimate Grilled Cheese Sandwich
- 5 Vegetarian Enchilada Recipes to Make Tonight
- 7 Festive Snacks for Christmas Tree Decorating
- 5 Ways to Make Healthier Mac and Cheese
- Best Winter Beef Recipes
- 7 Crave-Worthy Fall Desserts
- Cooking Meat Low and Slow Might Reduce Your Cancer Risk
- 7 Ways to Use Leftover Mashed Potatoes
- 11 Fall Soups You Can Make in a Blender
- How to Upgrade Applesauce
After this past weekend’s burgers and hot dogs and pitchers of cocktails, you might be interested in something healthy. Here, 10 light and delicious dishes to help you recover from Memorial Day.
1. Quinoa Porridge with Toasted Almonds and Apricots
Make this healthy breakfast with either red or white quinoa.
2. Açai Super Smoothie
This five-ingredient drink features açai, a nutritious Amazonian berry.
3. Kale Salad with Miso and Pistachios
Andrew Zimmern upgrades the classic kale salad by adding roasted pistachios and a bright, vinegary miso dressing.
4. Shaved Raw Asparagus with Parmesan Dressing
Grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese pairs perfectly with long, thin strips of asparagus.
5. Tuna Ceviche with Avocado and Cilantro
The short marinating time preserves the tuna’s fresh taste.
6. Cucumber and Baby Pea Salad
Ready in just 20 minutes, this green salad features a tangy yogurt dressing.
7. Tofu-and-Vegetable Tacos
These hearty, vegetarian tacos get a smoky flavor thanks to an eggplant-and-ancho-chile spread.
8. Beet, Fennel and Jicama Salad with Macadamia Nut Dressing
Pureed macadamia nuts are a heart-healthy way to make creamy, dairy-free salad dressing.
9. Poached Salmon with Cucumber Raita
Raita, a cooling condiment served in India, is a fantastic sauce for this healthy fish.
10. Melon-and-Strawberry Salad with Spicy Lemongrass Syrup
This healthy fruit salad gets subtle heat from fresh chiles.