- Beer-Spiked Desserts for Memorial Day
- 9 Super-Tasty Meatless Burgers for Memorial Day
- Ultimate Summer Cake Bucket List
- 7 Kid-Friendly Foods to Grill for Memorial Day
- 7 Cheese-Filled Snacks for Memorial Day
- 9 Upgrades for Classic Party Dips
- What to Eat at a Dad-chelor Shower
- 5 Crunchy Snack Mix Recipes
- 10 Grown-Up Recipes for a Halloween Cocktail Party
- 10 Ways to Use Chocolate Chips (Other than in Chocolate Chip Cookies)
In this week’s edition of Mad Genius Tips, F&W’s Justin Chapple revealed the coolest, easiest way to cut perfectly shaped gnocchi—no knife required. Once you’ve mastered the technique, try it on one of these unexpectedly awesome gnocchi recipes that go way beyond the typical potato or ricotta.
1. Beet Gnocchi
F&W Best New Chef Jenn Louis found these intense beet gnocchi in northwestern Italy. They are sweet and earthy, and so delicious they barely need a sauce.
2. Spinach Gnocchi
These spinach gnocchi are more intensely flavorful than the traditional ricotta kind.
3. Carrot-Potato Gnocchi
Pureed carrots give these gnocchi a subtle sweetness and gorgeous tangerine color.
4. Lentil Gnocchi
These earthy lentil gnocchi are served in a rich foie gras soup.
5. Taro Gnocchi
Vibrantly purple, this gnocchi is based on a Malay specialty called Abacus Seeds, which is made with a purple yam–and–sticky rice flour dough.