- 7 Superfast Fried Game Day Desserts
- 10 Mess-Free Recipes for Baked Wings
- Go Beyond Chocolate-Dipped Strawberries
- How to Make Your Own Cheese Puffs
- Top 10 Romantic Breakfast Recipes
- 5 Recipes for DIY Onion Rings
- 9 Ways to Use the Leftover Celery from Your Chicken Wing Platter
- 5 Romantic Meals You Can Make in a Slow Cooker
- 9 Ways to Eat Lobster Every Day
- Your Super Bowl Needs a Chili Bar
In this week’s edition of Mad Genius Tips, F&W’s Justin Chapple revealed the coolest, easiest way to cut perfectly shaped gnocchi—no knife required. Once you’ve mastered the technique, try it on one of these unexpectedly awesome gnocchi recipes that go way beyond the typical potato or ricotta.
1. Beet Gnocchi
F&W Best New Chef Jenn Louis found these intense beet gnocchi in northwestern Italy. They are sweet and earthy, and so delicious they barely need a sauce.
2. Spinach Gnocchi
These spinach gnocchi are more intensely flavorful than the traditional ricotta kind.
3. Carrot-Potato Gnocchi
Pureed carrots give these gnocchi a subtle sweetness and gorgeous tangerine color.
4. Lentil Gnocchi
These earthy lentil gnocchi are served in a rich foie gras soup.
5. Taro Gnocchi
Vibrantly purple, this gnocchi is based on a Malay specialty called Abacus Seeds, which is made with a purple yam–and–sticky rice flour dough.