- Video: How to Make the Ultimate Chocolate Cake
- Say "I Love You" With a Giant Steak
- 5 Vegetarian Steaks
- 10 Simple Tofu Recipes for Beginner Vegetarians
- What to Cook if You're Single on Valentine's Day
- 9 Winter Pesto Recipes That Don't Call for Basil
- 7 Last-Minute Mardi Gras Recipes
- 7 Cajun Shrimp Recipes for Mardi Gras Dinner
- Get Down and Dirty This Mardi Gras with Dirty Rice
- 7 Superfast Fried Game Day Desserts
In this week’s edition of Mad Genius Tips, F&W’s Justin Chapple revealed the coolest, easiest way to cut perfectly shaped gnocchi—no knife required. Once you’ve mastered the technique, try it on one of these unexpectedly awesome gnocchi recipes that go way beyond the typical potato or ricotta.
1. Beet Gnocchi
F&W Best New Chef Jenn Louis found these intense beet gnocchi in northwestern Italy. They are sweet and earthy, and so delicious they barely need a sauce.
2. Spinach Gnocchi
These spinach gnocchi are more intensely flavorful than the traditional ricotta kind.
3. Carrot-Potato Gnocchi
Pureed carrots give these gnocchi a subtle sweetness and gorgeous tangerine color.
4. Lentil Gnocchi
These earthy lentil gnocchi are served in a rich foie gras soup.
5. Taro Gnocchi
Vibrantly purple, this gnocchi is based on a Malay specialty called Abacus Seeds, which is made with a purple yam–and–sticky rice flour dough.