- Why Chocolate and Chiles Belong Together Forever
- 5 Smoky Cocktails for a Cinco de Mayo Party
- 9 Ways to Eat as Much Avocado as Possible on Cinco de Mayo
- Ultimate Desk Lunch: Glass Noodle Salad with Shrimp
- 9 Best Shrimp Pastas
- 7 Best Shrimp Tacos for #TacoTuesday
- 7 Cajun Shrimp Recipes for Mardi Gras Dinner
- Upgrade Your Super Bowl with These Game Day Shrimp Recipes
- 5 Rose-Infused Recipes for the Run for the Roses
- 10 Things You Should Definitely Pickle
According to Pok Pok’s Andy Ricker (who uses plenty of limes in his Thai cooking, so he is a trustworthy source), the lime shortage that rocked our citrus-loving country is almost over. “Limes down to $45/cs in NYC. Still expensive compared to normal, but cheap compared to $120/cs a few weeks ago,” he tweeted. In response to a tweet from F&W editor-in-chief, Dana Cowin, he also noted that the quality of limes is on the rise. That means it’s time to celebrate with these 10 tart, limey dishes.
1. Lime-Marinated Chicken Tacos with Grilled Scallions and Crema
These fast chicken tacos taste deliciously complex, thanks to a tangy marinade and sweet, silky grilled scallions.
2. Lime-Coconut Cupcakes
Agave syrup adds a mellow sweetness to the batter of these delicious gluten-free cupcakes, which are frosted with a tart lime buttercream.
3. Grilled Whole Fish with Chile and Lime
Star chef Tom Colicchio grills whole sea bass with Asian flavors such as cilantro, lime and hot chile sauce.
4. Charred Eggplant Salad with Lime-Chile Dressing
This smoky, zingy salad is popular in northeastern Thailand because of the irresistible flavor of its subtle char.
5. Basil Lime Daiquiri
Homemade basil simple syrup gives this cocktail a fantastic savory quality.
6. Lime-Pepper Chicken Fajitas
Zesty lime and freshly ground black pepper make these chicken fajitas extra tender and delicious.
7. Shallot-and-Lime-Marinated Fish Tacos with Cabbage
Fish gets a quick bath in a bright lime marinade before it’s roasted and flaked for these quick, healthy tacos.
8. Butter Bean Salad with Lime and Mint
The secret to this delicate and refreshing butter bean salad is the dressing, made with cold, tangy buttermilk, olive oil and lime juice.
9. Yucatan Lime and Chicken Soup
Fragrant limes make this soothing soup especially appealing.
10. Southwestern Kale Salad with Chile-Lime Vinaigrette
This Southwestern–inspired kale salad is the perfect side to serve at a cookout, but it’s hearty enough to be a meal on its own.