- Ultimate Summer Dessert Bucket List
- 7 Japanese Green Teas You Should Be Drinking Right Now
- What to Drink with Chicken Soup
- How to Pair Wine with Chicken Stir-Fry
- 8 Chef Upgrades for White Bean Soup
- 6 Awesome New Breweries Around the U.S.
- The Seven Great Cooking Fats—Ranked!
- 10 Sauces for Simple Grilled Vegetables
- 9 Marinades for Grilled Steak
- 6 Asian Ingredients Primed to Be the New Sriracha
There are a zillion ways to make granola and almost as many ways to use it. Here are a few fun ideas to take the crunchy cereal out of the bowl.
1. Breakfast baked goods. Toss a handful of granola into your muffin or pancake batter to add texture and crunch.
2. Salads. Use the latest chef trick and sprinkle salty-sweet granola over salads. The crispy garnish is better with naturally sweet veggies, like snap peas or roasted carrots.
3. Gratins. Instead of bread crumbs, top a root vegetable gratin with granola after baking.
4. Fruit crisps. In a food processor, pulse granola with softened butter, flour and sugar for a different kind of streusel topping.
5. Puddings. Bring the yogurt parfait into the 21st century and sprinkle granola over your chia seed pudding.
6. Cookies. Turn your coffee companion into a hiking snack by adding granola to biscotti or other cookie dough.
7. Bars. Give yourself an excuse to eat a chocolate bar and make these.
8. Trail Mix. Toss granola with chocolate chips and more nuts and dried fruit for a quick energy-boosting snack.
9. Cupcakes. Sprinkle it on top of the frosting for a little crunch.
Kristin Donnelly is a former Food & Wine editor and cofounder of Stewart & Claire, an all-natural line of lip balms made in Brooklyn.