- Megan Garrelts Mulls Over Hot Cider
- Drink Like the Spanish, Drink Vermouth
- The Rebirth of Cincinnati’s Beer Scene
- Aaron Burgau Doesn’t Want Your Craft Beer
- Fernet and Coke is the New Rum and Coke
- Kevin Gillespie Thinks American Beer is Great, but German Beer is Better
- Ryan Poli Doesn’t Drink Wine—But When He Does, It’s Sparkling
- An Honest Pale Ale
- The Best Thing Since Sliced Bread is Beer Made with Bread
- Bitter Cocktails Even Campari-Haters Will Love
After a night on the line, most chefs have a go-to drink, from cheap beer to a house bartender’s expert cocktail. Here, star chefs reveal their favorite drinks.
Chef James Winberg from Minnesota’s Travail Kitchen and Amusements is semi-addicted to Campari with grapefruit juice. “James and his Campari and grapefruits,” says Winberg’s partner at Travail, chef Mike Brown. “Every city we go, we’ll visit at least three restaurants in one day then park it in one local place, drinking Campari and grapefruit to settle the seven pounds of food we just ate.” While Campari and grapefruit is a terrific low-in-booze daytime drink, the bitter flavors are also delicious with gin in this bracing take on an old-fashioned.