- Michael Cimarusti’s IPA Addiction
- Wine is the New Coffee
- Beer for Rocket Scientists
- The Perfect Mocktail for Gin Lovers
- 6 Negronis to Get Eric Ripert Buzzed
- For a Super-Affordable Champagne Impostor, Look to New Mexico
- Portland is Brewing Amazing French-Style Farmhouse Ales
- Keep Calm, Drink Bourbon
- Melissa Perello’s Favorite Fall Cocktail
- Eric Banh’s First Eggnog
After a night on the line, most chefs have a go-to drink, from cheap beer to a house bartender’s expert cocktail. Here, star chefs reveal their favorite drinks.
Chef James Winberg from Minnesota’s Travail Kitchen and Amusements is semi-addicted to Campari with grapefruit juice. “James and his Campari and grapefruits,” says Winberg’s partner at Travail, chef Mike Brown. “Every city we go, we’ll visit at least three restaurants in one day then park it in one local place, drinking Campari and grapefruit to settle the seven pounds of food we just ate.” While Campari and grapefruit is a terrific low-in-booze daytime drink, the bitter flavors are also delicious with gin in this bracing take on an old-fashioned.