- Don’t Let the Cat Out of the Bag Because it’s the Apocalypse
- Kevin Gillespie Really, Really Likes Beans
- 5 Survival Soups
- Kevin Sbraga’s Apocalyptic Comfort Food
- Ryan Lowder’s Spicy Survival Snack
- Alon Shaya’s Big Green Nest Egg
- Don’t Mess with Kyle Bailey’s Spoon
- Why You Should Camp with Canola
- Jordan Kahn’s Calming Herbs
- Give This Chef Caviar or Give Him Death
F&W asked chefs around the country how they would prepare for an apocalyptic situation, à la The Road. Some went for luxury goods—others focused on survival.
Two chefs named Bill—Bill Smith of Crook’s Corner in Chapel Hill, North Carolina, and Bill Kim of Chicago’s UrbanBelly and Belly Shack—would include ramen in their emergency packs. Kim likes to eat ramen raw. “Like a Cheeto or Dorito,” he says. Smith says he would bring little kits of ramen, “to eat in the sun.” Instant ramen never sounded so poetic.