- Fight Scurvy with Ceviche
- Hugue Dufour to Eat Caviar by the Shovelful
- Chef Russell Moore’s Booze-pocalypse
- Traci Des Jardins Will Be Awake When the World Ends
- How to Survive on Bacon
- Tyler Brown’s Well-Seasoned Survival Kit
- Why Every Emergency Pack Needs a Frying Pan
- The World’s Most Expensive Emergency Kit
- James Winberg’s End of the World Plan
- Landon Schoenefeld’s Magic Bread
F&W asked chefs around the country how they would prepare for an apocalyptic situation, à la The Road. Some went for luxury goods—others focused on survival.
Two chefs named Bill—Bill Smith of Crook’s Corner in Chapel Hill, North Carolina, and Bill Kim of Chicago’s UrbanBelly and Belly Shack—would include ramen in their emergency packs. Kim likes to eat ramen raw. “Like a Cheeto or Dorito,” he says. Smith says he would bring little kits of ramen, “to eat in the sun.” Instant ramen never sounded so poetic.