- A Go-To Cocktail Party Red
- 3 Cheap Wines to Pair with Salads
- A Go-To Wine Pairing for Pulled Pork
- 4 Wines to Pair with Roasted Vegetables
- 3 Wines To Try If You Love a Pumpkin Latte
- A Red That Can Pair with Asparagus
- A Fruity and Savory Under-$15 Cabernet
- A Fantastic Finger Lakes Riesling
- A Sicilian Red Wine with a Do-Gooder Story
- 3 Wines to Pair with Beef Stew
Here, wine experts reveal their favorite bottles costing less than $17. Many of the selections are lesser known but absolutely worth the search.
What: 2012 Le Fraghe Bardolino
Why: "Bardolino is DOC (a controlled designation of origin) produced near Lake Garda in Italy. The grape in this wine is Corvina, and the Le Fraghe estate makes a simple, beautiful and tasty Bardolino. It is sort of Italy’s answer to Beaujolais Villages—so versatile, delicious with or without food, it can take a chill for a warm day and it's easy on the wallet. This wine has a screw cap, too, which allows easy, effortless access for alfresco sipping."
Kristin Donnelly is a former Food & Wine editor and cofounder of Stewart & Claire, an all-natural line of lip balms made in Brooklyn.