- Will Raw Horse Ice Cream Be the Next Chunky Monkey?
- Hot Dog or Legs? Plus: How to Train a Baby to Shake a Martini
- The World's First Fry Museum, How to Open Beer Like a Pilot
- Support the Seattle Seahawks with Skittle Sausages
- Wacky Global Fast Foods
- 'Jersey Shore' Star Restores the Shore, Gets Spinoff Food Show
- This Week on the Web: Cat Doughnuts, Sad Cakes and More
- Cooking Your Wife and Other Food Crimes
- Weird, Wacky Vending Machine Cuisine
- The Future of Food: Canned Bugs, Ramen Pizza & Fast Food Frankensteins
The Internet is a black hole for strange, weird and wonderful things—especially when it comes to food. Rather than dive in yourself, let F&W do it for you. Here, five of the most absurd food items we saw this week.
Frogs Keep Milk from Spoiling: Say you’re out camping. You brought milk—but no cooler. How do you keep it from spoiling? According to both an old Russian practice and now science, you should put some frogs in it. A research team at Moscow State University proved that frogs secrete an antibacterial and antifungal substance from their skin that helps delay milk spoilage.
Jellied Dinner: If you're toothless, this story is for you. The scientists behind Smoothfood have developed a way to print jellied versions of foods like chicken wings, broccoli, liver and roast lamb.
FlaskScarf: The most practical article of clothing since the Snuggie, the FlaskScarf is a scarf that hides an 8-ounce flask. The boozy scarf comes in a wide array of colors and can be purchased right now with free shipping if you enter the promo code: scarfmom. Because if there are two things moms love, it’s getting drunk and staying warm.
Food-Flavored E-Cigarettes: Both Chicago and New York City have banned e-cigarettes from public places like restaurants and bars, but the e-cig companies are already one step ahead. One company has created savory flavors for every craving so that users will never need to go into a restaurant again. Flavors include crab legs, butter, dill pickle, pizza, roast beef and, of course, bacon.
Chainsaw Bottle Opener: The next time you find yourself with a beer and a toolshed but no bottle opener, just grab a chainsaw. We don’t actually recommend trying this at home, but this video of the technique is awesome.