- 3 Wines To Try If You Love a Pumpkin Latte
- 4 Wines to Pair with Roasted Vegetables
- A Red That Can Pair with Asparagus
- A Fantastic Finger Lakes Riesling
- A Fruity and Savory Under-$15 Cabernet
- 3 Wines to Pair with Beef Stew
- A Sicilian Red Wine with a Do-Gooder Story
- The Best Wines to Pair with Mac and Cheese
- An $11 Red from Madrid
- A Virginia Chardonnay That's Amazing with Seafood
Here, wine experts reveal their favorite bottles costing less than $17. Many of the selections are lesser known but absolutely worth the search.
Who: Hilary Prescott-Severino, Wine Buyer, Cure in Pittsburgh, PA
Why: "This is a food-friendly red that has some character. It's earthy with notes of dark brambly fruit and dried herbs. It pairs especially well with grilled foods, which is our favorite way to cook and entertain at home," says Prescott-Severino. The ‘we' here includes her husband, Cure's chef Justin Severino. "Think grilled pork (we eat a lot of pork)......and charred grilled radicchio and squash."
Kristin Donnelly is a former Food & Wine editor and cofounder of Stewart & Claire, an all-natural line of lip balms made in Brooklyn.