- 7 Killer Gluten-Free Cupcake Recipes
- 8 Crave-Worthy Dishes from Gluten-Free Instagram Stars
- 4 Tips for Baking with Oat Flour
- Gluten-Free Week's Greatest Hits
- Is the Best Gluten-Free Flour Made from Beans?
- 7 Mad Genius Carrot Recipes
- Colorado's Amazing Gluten-Free Vindaloo Spice Cake
- 10 Gluten-Free Waffles and Pancakes
- 3 Tricks for Cooking Amazing Gluten-Free Asian Dishes from Ming Tsai
- 5 Surprising Secrets to Fantastic Gluten-Free Recipes
Potato flakes are good for one thing—and it’s not instant mashed potatoes. Chefs have discovered that the starchy dehydrated granules make a fantastic, gluten-free substitute for breadcrumbs. “They offer a nice golden color and crunch to anything you decide to put them on,” says chef Mike Brown of Travail Kitchen & Amusements in Robbinsdale, Minnesota. “To make them stick to anything, just use an egg wash." Chef Tarver King of Patowmack Farm in Lovettsville, Virginia, uses the flakes to add a crisp crust to gratins, croquettes and baked oysters. Boston chef Michael Schlow uses them to make extra-crispy fish. Try his recipe for potato-crusted cod tonight.