- 7 Egg-Free Recipes for a Vegan Easter Spread
- 11 Sweet-Tart Lemon Desserts for Easter
- Super-Fancy Easter Chocolate to Buy This Year
- 6 Ways to Use Leftover Easter Lamb
- What Wine Goes Best With a Chocolate Bunny?
- 5 Pastel Cocktails for Easter Brunch
- 10 Decadent Cakes for Easter
- 5 Egg Appetizers for Easter
- How to Peel Hard Boiled Eggs with a Spoon
- A Brilliant Trick for How to Cook and Naturally Dye Easter Eggs at the Same Time
F&W's Kay Chun came up with four fantastic ways to serve ham this Easter, from a stuffed calzone to buttermilk ham flapjacks.
Roll out 1/2 lb of pizza dough to a 10-inch round. On half of the dough, layer 4 oz each of thinly sliced provolone and ham. Top with 2 oz sliced Genoa salami, 2 roasted bell peppers and 1/2 cup chopped pimiento-stuffed olives. Fold over the dough; crimp to seal. Brush with olive oil and bake at 450° for 25 minutes.
Full Recipe: Muffuletta Calzone
Spring Ham Steaks
In a large skillet, cook four 1/4-inch-thick ham steaks in 2 tbs butter over moderate heat, turning once, until golden; transfer to plates. Add 1 thinly sliced leek and 1 1/2 cups water to the skillet and cook 3 minutes. Stir in 10 oz thawed peas, 3 tbs chopped tarragon and 2 tbs butter; season and serve over the ham.
Full Recipe: Spring Ham Steaks
Open-Face Ham Monte Cristos
Melt 4 tbs butter on a griddle. Cook 1/2 lb very thinly sliced ham until golden and crispy. In a bowl, whisk 2 large eggs with 2 tbs milk. Dip four 1-inch-thick slices of bakery white bread in the eggs, then griddle until golden; flip and top with 8 slices of Gruyère cheese and the ham. Cover and cook until the cheese melts. Top with basil.
Full Recipe: Open-Face Ham Monte Cristos
Country Ham Flapjacks
In a large bowl, whisk 1 1/2 cups corn muffin mix with 3/4 cup buttermilk, 1 large egg, 1 cup chopped ham and 1 sliced scallion. Scoop 1/4-cup mounds into a buttered nonstick skillet and cook, flipping once, until golden. Serve with maple syrup.
Full Recipe: Country Ham Flapjacks