- Chris Pandel’s End-of-the-World Pigs
- 5 Survival Soups
- Don’t Let the Cat Out of the Bag Because it’s the Apocalypse
- Kevin Gillespie Really, Really Likes Beans
- Alon Shaya’s Big Green Nest Egg
- Kevin Sbraga’s Apocalyptic Comfort Food
- Ryan Lowder’s Spicy Survival Snack
- Jordan Kahn’s Calming Herbs
- Don’t Mess with Kyle Bailey’s Spoon
- Why You Should Camp with Canola
F&W asked chefs around the country how they would prepare for an apocalyptic situation, à la The Road. Some went for luxury goods—others focused on survival.
Chef Christopher Israel, of Grüner in Portland, Oregon, would pack for the apocalypse like he was packing supplies for a fifth grader’s field trip. On his list: Skippy creamy peanut butter, saltine crackers, Bonne Maman strawberry preserves, an assortment of Hershey’s Miniatures and Oreos.