- How to Survive on Bacon
- Chef Russell Moore’s Booze-pocalypse
- Traci Des Jardins Will Be Awake When the World Ends
- Two Out of Two Bills Agree: Ramen is Essential
- Tyler Brown’s Well-Seasoned Survival Kit
- Why Every Emergency Pack Needs a Frying Pan
- The World’s Most Expensive Emergency Kit
- James Winberg’s End of the World Plan
- Landon Schoenefeld’s Magic Bread
- Chef Nancy Silverton’s Italian Emergency Pack
F&W asked chefs around the country how they would prepare for an apocalyptic situation, à la The Road. Some went for luxury goods—others focused on survival.
Chef Christopher Israel, of Grüner in Portland, Oregon, would pack for the apocalypse like he was packing supplies for a fifth grader’s field trip. On his list: Skippy creamy peanut butter, saltine crackers, Bonne Maman strawberry preserves, an assortment of Hershey’s Miniatures and Oreos.